Saturday, March 19, 2011

Three Pizzas Later

Guilt: a feeling of responsibility or remorse for some offense, crime, or wrong. I feel guilty.
Yesterday I had two ginormous pieces of STUFFED pizza from Papa Murphy's. Afterward I felt so stuffed that I felt like my stomach was going to get punctured from expanding into my ribs. I was in pain, needless to say. One piece would have been more than enough.
Then again tonight, as if I didn't learn my lesson, I had three pieces of pizza from Dominoe's pizza. These pieces were not as big as yesterdays, but two pieces would have been more than enough, if not one. Following my third pizza (which I only ate to have the flavor in my mouth and because everyone else was still eating), I ate a mug full of LIGHT mint chocolate chip ice cream. I thought to myself, "It's light! Less calories, more healthy, right?"
I came home disgusted with myself so I went to the gym to work it off. As I ran for half an hour I watched the calories ascend on my treadmill. Ten minutes of running worked off the first half of the first pizza. Was it worth it? No. While running, I imagined my thighs thunder like those of an elephant. I wished I had only had one piece of pizza. Why is it that pizza sounds so good anyway? There is nothing healthy about the pound of cheese, buttery crust, or sodium-soaked pepperoni.



Tonight I made a vow to myself as I ran in guilt and pain on the treadmill: eat in moderation and beware of mindless eating. Next time I will eat one piece instead of three. Next time when my body tells me, "That's sufficient," I will stop before I'm full and ready to explode.

3 comments:

  1. Story of my life. Especially with Pizza. It is one of the hardest things to stop eating and one of the most guilt-laced-foods. I often catch myself eating more just because it tastes good and not because I want it. I do that with a lot of foods actually. I'm pretty sure it's a sign of stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, well, well. Look who has to watch what they eat NOW?!?! I knew you're buck 20 barbie body would feel what I've been feeling since I could walk! I love you Mace, I say compromise... eat 2 pizzas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm...I will say that I have a FRIEND who has told me that SHE should stop eating bags of Peanut M&M's and a 2-liter soda in the duration of 3 days because it makes HER sluggish, get stomach aches, and leaves HER jittery. SHE wanted me to share HER story with you.

    ReplyDelete