Sunday, December 19, 2010

Two years down, Eternity to go!

Today was Daveed's and my second wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe that two years have already gone by since that cold, but happy, winter day.

Getting married to Daveed was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I don't regret any moment. I am so grateful that God put us two together that cold, February afternoon in the Nordic cafeteria. Ever since we laid eyes on each other, well.... the rest was history.

Last night as we snuggled in bed, I said to Daveed, "I feel bad. I didn't get you anything for our anniversary." Daveed responded, "The best gift is being here with you, right here, right now." Aish... He is the best!!! Que romantico, no?

Since that day when we decided to become as "one" on December 19, 2008, we have acquired a few things: new and used furniture, a bachelor's degree from BYU-I, David's American residency, 10-speed bikes, a bread maker, and an electric piano to name just a few. We've also taken several memorable trips: Colombia, Brian's Head Resort, Colorado adventures, and many many more.
But of all the things and places, nothing tops our newest addition to the family: a new puppy, Coco!!! I am not an animal person. In fact, I generally hate it when I go to someone's house and their dog jumps all over me. However, when Daveed and I laid eyes on Coco, we fell in love. I never understood how people could get so attached to their dogs, but now I know.



A few things I love about Coco:
1. He's more excited to see me at the end of the day than Daveed is (jk, but mostly serious)
2. He helps me forgive more: Sometimes I just want to cut his head off when he's chewing my shoes, but then he looks at me with those beautiful, brown eyes and it's hard to keep being mad at him.
3. He's so full of energy. It seems like we could play fetch for hours.
4. He needs a walk. This makes me and Daveed go on long walks together. It's so fun playing in the park with him.
5. He's my new running partner. He can run faster and longer than me it seems like - he's a great 10K trainer!
6. He's my own personal space heater. He snuggles right on top of me at night and keeps me so warm.
It must be nice to be a dog: Eat, sleep, play, eat, sleep, play, etc.

Today for our anniversary, we took Coco for a LONG walk in the Aurora Dog Park. It was so much fun. Taking Coco to the dog park is like taking a six year old to DisneyWorld. He was SO excited. It was his first time being around, literally, fifty other dogs. He made so many friends, only one enemy, and many memories. Afterward, we gave him a warm bath and he took several long naps.

Everyone says the first year of marriage is rough. At times it was rough, especially when Daveed didn't replace the toilet paper or when he left his socks inside-out in the laundry basket (just kidding). The second year has been a blast - especially with Coco's presence. Daveed is the best and so is Coco. I can't wait for what the rest of our lives will bring us. I'm so glad I get to spend eternity with Daveed. I only hope that Coco can too!


P.S. Everyone should get a dog. It brings complete happiness!!
P.P.S. Our own kids will come soon enough, but for now, we are enjoying Coco. We will have kids, I promise.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESSS! first your dog is so cute! did you have him when I ran into you on Friday? second it was so good to see you too! when I am up visiting next semester the 4 of us need to go to dinner and third but not least! CONGRATULATIONS on 2 years! :) I love you guys and i love that I have known you both from the beginning of your relationship :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Coco... I forgive him for what he has done. Cute post :)

    ReplyDelete