Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Homesick

This summer David and I moved to Colorado for his internship. We moved in with our parents and family in a 3 bedroom apartment. It has been a very close-knit summer, but I feel a void inside. Yesterday as I walked outside in the hot sun, I tried to treasure the warmth, because pretty soon we will be back in Idaho and there will be no generous heat. Last night I realized that when David and I go back to Idaho for his last two semesters, I'll have lived in Rexburg for five years! I never thought I would be there for that long, but the best part is, I don't mind it. I actually wouldn't mind living in Idaho a few more years.

There's a couple things that I miss about Idaho right now.
1. The bright stars in the crisp, cool air each night.
2. Midnight runs to Winco.
3. Running up and around the beautiful Rexburg temple.
4. Playing pick-up soccer games on Saturday mornings.
5. Sneaking in Taco Bell into the dollar movie theater.
6. Biking to the snow shack to get a Tiger Blood snow cone.
7. Visiting all of our friends that are our age and having family so close by.
8. Eating at the taco bus.
9. Renting a movie from the local gas station, Horkleys, and buying a 50 cent huge 80 ounce or so drink.
10. Playing golf for $6.00.
11. Saturday shopping trips to Idaho Falls.
12. Social work opportunities left and right.
13. Hitting up the last hour of Latin dances on Friday nights.
14. Slow to no traffic on the highway.
15. Relaxed, slow pace of life with beautiful nature all around.

I'm not annoyed of my family, but I am feeling crowded. I can't wait to get into our own apartment. I am homesick. So when we get back from Colombia in August, our next step will be unpacking our 10 by 10 and enjoying our space in Rexburg, Idaho - the place where dreams come true!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I miss it too Macy! How am I going to survive when you guys leave???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in Columbia. Tell your dad Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Macy, come back to Idaho! And don't be strangers to your cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am officially going to Rexburg soon. You just reminded me of all the happiness I've been missing out on. Thanks for the reminder of my happiest place on earth!

    ReplyDelete